Reading is an experience. It involves all your senses. Where you read, when you read, why you read is all part of the context that makes reading meaningful. So the idea of reading books digitally, isn’t simply a cost issue. It requires each of us to rethink how, when, where and why we read in light of this new medium.
As we rethink these various factors, you have to ask ourselves a few questions:
- What are you losing by reading digitally and, conversely, what are you gaining?
- How will it affect your reading patterns? Will it cause you to read more or will it decrease the amount you tend to read?
- Will eReading change what you read? Will you read more fiction or will you tend to focus our eReading on work/study/etc?
- Will eReading change where you read? Will you read more because the books are more portable?
- Will eBooks help you make better use of resource materials such as cook books, how-to books, Bible commentaries and studies, etc?
As you ask yourself these questions, you will be able to build a case for the role of eReading in your life. You need to do this type of honest review in order to know whether eBooks will help you be more effective in your work, life and ministry.
That is why our team at NOVO Ink created www.DiscoverYourE.com. This site is has simple tools and ways to get a jumpstart on eReading. We hope you will benefit from the resource.